Many developers will make the transition to the DBA role and in this episode I chat with Amy Herold about making that very move. Amy started as a C#/.NET developer and moved into the database world as an “accidental” DBA.
Amy shares her tips and stories from the trenches, including:
- The move from row-based thinking to set-based thinking
- How to manage developer access in production
- The database performance activities new DBAs need to master
- The importance of getting code reviews outside the developer team
- The tool Amy relies on as a DBA, and the one event you shouldn’t miss
- Why Amy believes that moving around frequently can be good for your career
You can get the links and show notes at http://sqldatapartners.com/2016/03/01/developer2dba/. Have fun on the SQL trail.